Friday, September 22, 2006

postmonition

In my post of August 31, on the very day when I had the seeming misfortune of accidentally missing an interview for a position I felt I badly needed, I wrote:
I had this wave of rising spirits. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, I had a sense that something good was happening, something was unfolding, some ship was about to come in.
It turned out that that day was a turning point in my search for my next step in my career. When my boss saw how distressing it was to me to be seeking a position so far below my potential, she started really plugging for me. She landed me an information interview with HR. Trusting her recommendation of me, and apparently impressed with how I presented in the interview, they told me about a position coming up in their own department, and this week I am the proud owner of a new job that I start a week from Monday. The best thing about the position is that I am finally steering my way back to the people professions after a long detour in a field that offered me no real sense of purpose. So, thanks to all my gadfly friends who kept telling me I should do something with my psychology degree; I din't know how right you were. Thanks to all the doors that refused to open, keeping me from going further in the wrong direction. Thank you, unconscious self, for making me miss that fatal interview. Thank you, cream, for rising to the top. Thank you, hope, for springing eternal. And thank you, little light of mine -- I'm gonna let you shine.

2 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger seasull said...

HR snatching up all the top men for themselves? That's not very sporting, what?

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Deanna said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you and I love catching up on your life by checking up on your blog.
love,
Deanna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home